Tuesday 21 January 2014

A (lazy) Super Mom



I am a self appointed, Lazy Super Mom. Sometimes I am the fun, quirky, awesome mom I want to be...like when I have geeky coordinated themed birthday parties. and when I have my household perfectly scheduled and on task as a well oiled machine.

Other times, I am the epitome of the lazy mom: I want to nap on the couch/play on my iPad all day while I pretend my 4 year old isn't eating all the chocolate in the house.  The two sides of my Mom Personality are constantly battling it out while being judged by people all around.

Well guess what? I am both lazy & super and I feel like I'm not alone. I feel there is a subsection of the population out there who has their highs and lows as I do, and those mom's are feeling guilty for not being consistent. Or lets face it, we feel guilty for being "upstaging" when we're Super and we feel guilty when we aren't performing when we're Lazy. 

It's time to drop the guilt and just be who we are. More specifically, I have decided it's time I stop feeling guilty about my duo-super hero personality while trying to struck a more stable balance. 

In the meantime, I'm here to share my ups & downs of Motherhood, honestly and hopefully with some humour and relate-ability. Because amongst my many aspirations and fantasies, I would also like to be rich and famous :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment