Tuesday 28 January 2014

Mommy Brain?

The last two weeks have been a challenge for this Super Mom. Hubby was back to work after a lovely 4 week break over Christmas & I didn't do well re-adjusting to being a "Married-Single Mom" again. 

My habit of going to bed (ridiculously) late returned over the holidays and I wasn't able to get back on track this shift. This probably contributed to the extreme case of Mommy Brain I was experiencing these last two weeks!

Example #1:

After fueling up the family van, I started heading towards our bank for some drive-thru bank (Sidenote: I wish more of my errands could be accomplished via drive-thru). During the routine glance to my side mirror, I noticed my gas tank door was open, which made me pause and ask myself if I actually remembered putting my gas cap back on. I did not. I pulled over, hopped out & confirmed that I was missing my gas cap. So I had to double back & reclaim the gas cap that I had left on the fueling station. Made all the more embarrassing because the gas station was super busy and a young man was fueling up at the pump I was previously at & I had to ask him to pass me my gas cap. I'm sure he was thinking "crazy lady in the mini van."

Example #2:

After a much needed afternoon out at the movies sans children, I decided to grab a tea from good ol' Tim Hortons on my way home. I'm sitting in the drive-thru line day dreaming when I realize I already drove past the order speaking - without ordering! I had to reverse my vehicle a couple feet and was again embarrassed as there was a vehicle behind me. 

Example #3:

It's a weird one, but I swear my taste buds are not working at normal capacity. I feel like I'm only tasting at a 10% level. I think I need to consult Dr.Google on this one. 

There's a few more examples, but one is truely borderline mom incompetence that i don't want an Internet record of lol

Hopefully after hubby's week home, I'll be refreshed and get back to Super Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment